Game for the mind?



There are different types of games out there such as Shooter games, Racing games, Party Games, and Adventure games. The game that I'll be talking about will be Strategy games. I feel that I could say that these are my favorite kinds of games. Although I'm not too great at Chess, when I play other games that involve strategy like Fire Emblem or Advanced Wars, I seem to play fairly well. These types of games don't really concentrate on simply just running around and hack slashing you way through your enemies or stealing cars and killing people for more money. These games require a little more thinking to make sure that you finish the missions.

In games like Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars, there is a particular way you have to move. The entire map in a grid format and each unit has a certain amount of spaces they can move. After moving, if they can, they can perform certain actions like attacking, healing, or even talking to fellow units. If you're not careful in your choices, there could be dire consequences such as the death of some of your characters and they may not be able to return at all.

If you ever feel like playing a different kind of game than what's all over the mainstream, try picking up one of these strategy games. The two series that I mentioned are some of the more popular strategy games and I have to say that I've enjoyed playing them both.

1 comments:

Matt May 3, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Just posting another test comment.

Post a Comment